Grandma's chicken curry special.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, grandma's chicken curry special. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Grandma's chicken curry special is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Grandma's chicken curry special is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook grandma's chicken curry special using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Grandma's chicken curry special:
- Get of Main.
- Take 1/2 kg of chicken parts (can be wing, thigh or drumstick).
- Get 2 of potato, medium, peeled and cut into wedges.
- Take of Spice.
- Prepare 1 of yellow ginger (turmeric), peeled outer skin, sliced (please use glove to avoid stain).
- Take 1 of blue ginger (galangal), peeled outer skin, sliced.
- Make ready 1 of lemongrass, trim the root and discard green upper portion, use only white stem.
- Get 20 of small purple onion, peeled and chopped.
- Make ready 6 of dried red chilli, soaked in water to soften, remove seed and cut into tiny bits (please use glove).
- Take of Other.
- Take 200 ml of coconut cream/milk, do not dilute.
- Get 300 ml of water.
- Get 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
Instructions to make Grandma's chicken curry special:
- Wash chicken parts with coarse salt and rinse clean with water..
- For those not sure what the spices look like. Here is a photo taken before being pounded/grind..
- Grind/pound each spices one by one, then mix together to grind/pound. If you using pounder, crush/smash the lemongrass in mixture. If you using grinder, crush/smash the lemongrass separately, do not grind lemongrass..
- Heat cooking oil in frying pan using medium heat. Stir fry the spices till fragrant for 3 minutes..
- Add in chicken parts. Stir fry till chicken evenly mixed for 5 minutes..
- Turn off the heat. Add coconut cream/milk. Stir everything till chicken parts evenly coated..
- Scoop everything in frying pan to a big pot. Add in potato and water. Use low heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Do not cover the pot completely to avoid boiling over. Stir the curry frequently to avoid curry being burnt at bottom..
- Ready to serve with rice while hot..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food grandma's chicken curry special recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!