Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
A lot of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we must keep away from them. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Build a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all great for helping to raise your mood. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The more serotonin in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a great protein source.
So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to traditional gingerbread men cookies recipe. To cook traditional gingerbread men cookies you only need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies:
- Get 3 cups of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 1 of \4 tsp ground nutmeg.
- Provide 1 of \4 tsp salt.
- Get 3 of \4 cup melted unsalted butter.
- Take 3 of \4 cup brown sugar.
- Take 1 of \2 cup molasses.
- Take 1 of egg.
Steps to make Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies:
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl..
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl. I find an electric mixer makes this part easier. Mix until it is light and fluffy..
- Add molasses and egg. Beat well..
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed (electric mixer) until well mixed..
- Press dough into a thick, flat disc. Wrap in wax paper. Place in refrigerator overnight. I find rolling out the dough before chilling makes it easier on you the next day..
- Next day: Preheat oven to 350..
- Roll dough into 1\4 inch thick on floured wax paper. Cut out gingerbread men with a cookie cutter..
- Place gingerbread men on greased cookie sheet and bake in oven for 8-10minutes. Look for the edges of the cookies to just start to turn brown. Then, you know they are done..
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes. Then, decorate as desired with icing, gumdrops, candy, etc..
Make this simple dough, roll it out and then let your children do the rest of the work. You could decorate each man in the traditional way or go a little bit crazy with decorations! Combine butter or margarine, sugar, spices and egg in large mixing bowl. How to make Gingerbread men To begin, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and black pepper in a medium bowl. There's nothing sweeter than a traditional Christmas cookie.
If you find this Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.