Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Easy Shortbread Cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Shortbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Shortbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Its also wise to understand that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are generally foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nourishment. You will be delighted to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
Also when you are trying to find a snack to hold you over in between meals, grab a handful of nuts or seeds. One of the health benefits of these kinds of nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. Your body will use these types of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones that your body demands to stay healthy. If you do not get the fatty acids you need your body will actually not be able to produce a number of of the hormones that it needs.
By simply following a number of the suggestions above you will notice that you’ll be living a healthier life. Also if you remove all the refined food that you really should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy shortbread cookies recipe. You can have easy shortbread cookies using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Shortbread Cookies:
- Use 50 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Take 100 grams of Butter (or margarine).
- Take 150 grams of All-purpose flour or cake flour.
Instructions to make Easy Shortbread Cookies:
- Add powdered sugar to the softened butter (I microwave it for 20 seconds to soften) and mix well with a whisk. If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt..
- Add flour (no sifting needed) and mix with the whisk. Knead the mixture until it's no longer floury. Don't worry if it is rough and crumbly at first, it will be smooth shortly..
- Tear the dough, flatten each piece to a 1cm thickness and place on a baking pan. Poke holes with a fork. The dough will increase to 1.5 times its original size..
- Bake in a 355F/180C oven for 10 minutes, then flip the baking tray around and bake for a further 3 minutes (adjust the cooking time accordingly) to bake evenly. Pay attention to the color on the edges..
- No matter how long you have been baking them, take the cookies out of the oven once they become light brown on the edges. Cool on the baking pan (they will continue to cook from the residual heat), and they are done..
- Here, I shaped the dough into a square log in plastic film and sliced it to make them like English style shortbread cookies. The dough can be cut with a knife easily even at room temperature. It is very easy to handle, so it's great to make cut-out cookies..
- They are also delicious with chocolate chips added to the dough. Add the same amount as the sugar. Try them also with cocoa or coffee..
Photography Credit: Cindy Rahe Shortbread is a celebration of simplicity—a combination of butter, sugar, and flour that adds up to so much more. Shortbread was one of the first baking projects I ever. These Christmas Shortbread Cookies are very easy to make and you need only three ingredients for the flour, butter and sugar and if you want you can add vanilla extract. Quick and easy cookies are perfect for every occasion so you can make little presents of them. Fresh baked Christmas Shortbread Cookies are something you can't omit in this part of the year.
If you find this Easy Shortbread Cookies recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.