Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
For the most part, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. At times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be elevated by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which boosts serotonin production. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the happier you will feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific source of protein.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my lil' shortbread cookies with chocolate recipe. You can cook my lil' shortbread cookies with chocolate using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate:
- Provide of Cookie Dough—-.
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of butter (room temp.) – used grass fed cow butter.
- Use 1/2 c. of sugar.
- Prepare 1 t. of vanilla -used our homemade vanilla.
- Use 1 t. of salt.
- Take 2 c. of flour.
- Take of Chocolate Frosting—-.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (room temp.).
- Get 1/4 c. of shortening.
- Prepare 2 c. of sugar.
- Use 1 t. of vanilla.
- Use 1/2 c. of cocoa powder.
Steps to make My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate:
- Brown Butter- My family gets excited when I'm using that fancy French word -beurre noisette- Means mom's making her Little Shortbread Cookies! And why you ask, because it adds a deep, nutty flavor to myO cookies! 💚 To make brown butter simply start melting butter over medium heat. We use grass fed cow butter…no gmo's. Please only use real butter people, stop outting chemicals in your awesome bodies! Use a pan with a light-colored bottom so you can keep track of the color. I used my favorite old kitchen witch spoon, I like to add in some love & magic..
- Making the Cookie Dough- Grab a nice sized bowl & add your 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of sugar. I used an old potato masher to cream my butter and sugar. Stir in brown butter, vanilla & salt. By the way if your lucky enough or flippin spoiled and have a Kitchen Aid Mixer then super awesome. Yeah, I'm jealous. I don't have one…- So I workout my guns! Now start by adding your flour- Just a half a cup at a time. It's a shortbread cookie- so expect a sandy texture to your cookie mix. No Worries..
- Forming the Cookie Dough- I could not find my plastic wrap, so I grabbed a large baggie, cut out the seams, then used it to form my shortbread cookies. It was fun, kinda like Play-Doh. Thou next time I'm going to roll them out and use cookie cutters Cut then about 1/2 inch or less. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 12 to 15 minutes. Place your bad-ass cookies on a cooling rack..
- My Chocolate Filling- Grab another bowl and add 1 stick of butter (room temp.), 1/2 cup of shortening, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla (used my homemade vanilla)..
- Mix and blend well….Again with the KitchenAid Mixer or just my two little hands. Used a rubber spatula to spoon the filling into baggie with a icing tip. Just pipe it onto each shortbread cookie..
- Time to add the Naughty Chocolate Filling- Glab a baggie fill it with your filling/ frosting, cut the tip off just a tiny bit, give the baggie a whirl- a bit of a squeeze and then your filling will come out No need for fancy pastry bags and tips. Sit back, enjoy the view and have a cookie or 2! 💚.
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Save Recipe. This Chocolate Shortbread recipe makes buttery, extra chocolaty cookies that are crisp at the edges with a rich flavor and melty. Sprinkle the shortbread evenly with the granulated sugar. I'm serving up these super easy and wonderfully delicious Whipped Shortbread Cookies. I'm also joined by my Tastes of the Season blogger friends who are sharing even more delicious holiday cookie inspiration.
If you find this My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.