Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Lemon Shortbread Cookies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Shortbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Shortbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be very nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that actually can boost your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly wonderful at dealing with depression. You must see to it, however, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you elevate your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that dictate your mood. Consume an egg and feel better!
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon shortbread cookies recipe. You can cook lemon shortbread cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Shortbread Cookies:
- Prepare 125 g of Butter *softened.
- You need 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- You need of Zest of 1 Lemon.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
- Use 1 cup of Plain Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Rice Flour *OR Custard Powder.
- Prepare of Lemon Icing.
- You need 1/4 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Take 1 of & 1/2 teaspoons Lemon Juice.
Steps to make Lemon Shortbread Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper..
- Mix softened Butter and Sugar until smooth and well combined. Add Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Plain Flour and Rice Flour and mix well. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl..
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until 8mm thick and cut out shapes, OR slice well-refrigerated stiff dough. *Note: Today I used a round cutter 4.5cm in diameter and made 24 cookies..
- *Note: If the dough is too soft to work with, allow it to cool in the fridge until firm enough..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside on the tray for 10 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely..
- These cookies taste lovely without Lemon Icing. To make Lemon Icing, mix Icing Sugar and Lemon Juice until smooth. Place it in a piping bag or tough plastic bag, and pipe it out on the cooled cookies..
Mix together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest for the drizzle in a small bowl. Add water, if needed, to create a consistency that is loose enough to drizzle. Use a spoon to drizzle the icing over the cooled shortbread cookies. Let the drizzle harden before storing in an airtight container. These are classic lemon bars featuring a soft butter shortbread crust and a tangy sweet lemon curd filling that's baked to the perfect consistency.
If you find this Lemon Shortbread Cookies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.