Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Dandelion Shortbread Cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dandelion Shortbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dandelion Shortbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for you. There are a number of foods that actually can improve your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Make a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more of it you have, the better you are going to feel. Nuts, in addition to improving your mood, can be a super source of protein.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dandelion shortbread cookies recipe. To make dandelion shortbread cookies you need 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dandelion Shortbread Cookies:
- Take 1/2 c (2 sticks) of butter softened.
- Provide 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4-1 cup of dandelion petals (just yellow).
- Prepare 2 1/2 c of AP flour.
- Provide Splash of milk.
Steps to make Dandelion Shortbread Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix butter & sugar with a mixer until fluffy (about 3 min). Add dandelion petals & beat to incorporate. (Add as many or as little as you feel comfortable)..
- Gradually add flour, beat to incorporate. Add splash of milk, beat another minute if desired. Knead dough with hands to really mix. Now choose: 1.) Roll out dough & use a cookie cutter or 2.) Roll dough into a ball and dip in white sugar. *I did 2* Bake 20-25 minutes, until bottom is golden brown. Take out & let cool. Remember shortbread is not a sweet cookie, best served with milk, tea or coffee..
Add dandelion petals & beat to incorporate. (Add as many or as little as you feel comfortable). Here's your toe dipping recipe into the world of foraging: Dandelion and Honey Shortbread Cookies. I won't lie, it's a bit of a tedious step for most dandelion. I love foraging with my sons. It's so great that they see that food can come from the earth AND the grocery store.
If you find this Dandelion Shortbread Cookies recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.