Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
Mostly, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these.
Green tea is really excellent for your mood. You knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this specific amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps better your mental acuity while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you feel better. Now you know that applies to your mood also!
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Test out these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brown sugar shortbread cookies recipe. To make brown sugar shortbread cookies you need 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies:
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Use 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Use 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Get 2/3 cup of coarse sugar (optional for rolling).
Steps to make Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set it aside..
- Using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugars together on medium-high speed until combined and creamy. Beat in the vanilla..
- On low speed, add in the flour mixture. Once it's all added in, switch to high speed until the dough comes together..
- Turn the dough out into a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough equally in half. Roll each half into a long, roughly 8"in length and 2.5" in diameter. Tightly wrap each log with saran wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours (and up to 5 days). Chilling this dough is necessary..
- Once it's chilled for the mandatory amount of time, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line some baking trays either with parchment paper or a silicone baking may and set them aside..
- Remove the logs from the fridge. Roll them in the coarse sugar if using, then slice into equal sized cookies. Place them spaced about 2" apart on the prepared baking trays..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow them to cool on the baking trays, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days..
Dip the cookie in dark chocolate. The possibilities are endless and this is a great cookie recipe to experiment with. Gradually stir in half of flour mixture, until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture, kneading with your. It also makes a wonderful, easy gift!
If you find this Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.