Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we ought to stay away from them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. At times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you consume them, may better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Green tea is truly excellent for your mood. You were simply expecting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This helps improve your mental sharpness while calming the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you be a lot healthier. And now you know green tea can help improve your mood too!
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cherry almond shortbread cookies recipe. You can have cherry almond shortbread cookies using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies:
- Provide 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) at room temperature.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Take 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Take 1 tablespoon of marachino cherry juice.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 15 of marachino cherries, chopped.
- Use of For Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of salted almonds, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Get 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg ewash).
- Take of For Drizzle.
- Use 4 ounces of white chocolaye, melted.
- Get 3 of punces milk chovolate, melted.
Instructions to make Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment ppaper.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add extracts and cherry juice and beat in.
- Add flour and salt, when just blended add chopped cherries.
- Combine tne chopped almonds wíth the granulated sugar on a plate.
- Roll cookies into I inch balls.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Roll in almond sugar and place on prepared pan flatten tops with the alm of your hand. Bake 12 to 18 minutes. Cool on rcks.
- When cool drizzle with white cgocolate.
- Then milk chocolate, allow to set.
And this is the perfect time of year to start! We bake lots of cookies for Christmas – usually during the week before we bake up a flurry – so. Recipe by Cyd Vacio These Soft and buttery shortbread cookies flavored with cherry and almond, then finished off with sweet white chocolate. This cookie dough must be chilled, so plan accordingly. Slowly stir in flour and salt.
If you find this Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.