Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Scottish shortbread cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Scottish shortbread cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scottish shortbread cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
Many men and women do not realize that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those take out places. These kinds of foods are packed with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. That is why we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be consuming that will have a good effect on your health.
Citrus fruit will be one of the best things that you can have for your desserts, as opposed to having a piece of cake or perhaps ice cream. Citrus fruits also provide you with vitamin C, together with other vitamins and minerals that can help keep you healthy. You may also want to mix a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
For those of you who want to begin living a more healthy life the tips above will be able to help you do that. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is additionally not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to scottish shortbread cookies recipe. You can have scottish shortbread cookies using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Scottish shortbread cookies:
- Use 1 cup of wheat flour.
- Use 50 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 3 tablespoon of icing sugar.
- Use 2 tablespoon of cornstarch.
Instructions to make Scottish shortbread cookies:
- Place butter in a deep bowl.
- Add the icing sugar and cream together with fingers.
- Add the salt to flour and add to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Then mold together gently and quickly,.
- Place inbetween parchment paper.
- Lift dough gently and place flat on freezer until very hard.
- Then remove and cut with a cookie cutter to shapes.
- Place cut cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Then place in a pre heated oven for 25- 30 minutes.
- Then roll out dough to 1 inch thickness.
But you can cut them any shape you like and also use cookie stamps. Shortbread cookies come in a variety of shapes with rectangular "fingers" being the most popular. Some are round, others are baked in a round cake pan and cut into little pie slices. Typically, Scottish Shortbread cookies are pricked before baking so they have little spots on them which might vanish while baking. If you want to be a little fancy with your cut out shortbread, try a cookie stamp with a traditional symbol such as a Scottish Thistle shortbread cookie stamp.
If you find this Scottish shortbread cookies recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.