Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chana Masala recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chana Masala recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chana Masala recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chana masala recipe. To make chana masala you only need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chana Masala:
- You need 1 cup of boiled chana.
- Take 1 of chopped onion.
- Take 1 of chopped tomato.
- Take 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tbsp of ginger garlic chiili paste.
- Get 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of corrainder powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take Pinch of hing.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Use 1 tsp of gram flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Take 1 tsp of curry leaves.
- Provide 1 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Use 1 of Tej patta.
- Use 1 tsp of jaggery.
- Use as per taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Chana Masala:
- Take a bowl and soak chana for 3 hours. After 3 hours wash and add it into the pressure cooker add water and salt and cook upto 4 whistle. Once pressure cools down check drain water and keep aside.
- Take a pan add oil to heat add mustard seeds cumin seeds hing curry leaves once it leaves fragnant add onion once it gets transculent add gram flour add tomato and all dry masala and saute for 3 mins till it releases oil. Add boiled chana add tamarind paste and jaggery and mix it everything add water and cover lid and cook for 3 mins. Keep sim in low flame. And cook..
- Once cooked squeeze lemon juice and serve it in the serving bowl and garnish it with corrainder leaves..
- Dry chana masala can be eat with roti or rice or as a salad. It's ur choice.Do try and share your thoughts with us..
A quick, easy and delicious Vegetarian dinner recipe! Chana Masala Adapted from a Madhur Jaffrey recipe, which was adapted over here because much to my frustration, I own two Madhur Jaffrey books and this is in neither. This chana masala recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. Chana masala, the wildly popular dish from the Indian subcontinent made of chickpeas (chana) simmered in a feisty, spice-forward tomato sauce.
If you find this Chana Masala recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.