Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Minestrone Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can have minestrone soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- Provide of yellow onion, diced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Get of large rib celery, sliced.
- Get of medium carrot, diced.
- Use of dried basil.
- Get of dried thyme.
- Use of dried oregano.
- Provide of diced tomatoes (2 cans).
- Take of tomato paste.
- Take of chicken broth.
- Take of bay leaf.
- Provide of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- Use of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- Take of ditalini pasta.
- You need of medium zucchini, sliced.
- Take of baby spinach.
- You need of Kosher salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Minestrone Soup:
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Can be served immediately or kept covered in the fridge for a few days..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.