Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly great at dealing with depression. Just be sure that you do not toss the yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–work better. Eat a couple of eggs to cheer up!
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade soft pretzels recipe. You can have homemade soft pretzels using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Homemade Soft Pretzels:
- Take of pretzel dough.
- Provide 1 packages of quick rise dry yeast.
- Get 1 cup of warm water.
- Use 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Use 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of table salt.
- Use of water bath.
- Prepare 8 cup of boiling water.
- Take 1/4 cup of baking soda.
- Get 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Use of egg wash.
- Use 1 large of egg.
- Provide 2 tbsp of warm water.
- Provide of topping options.
- Take 1 of kosher salt.
- Take 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of cinnamon sugar.
Instructions to make Homemade Soft Pretzels:
- In a small mixing bowl, add yeast to 1 cup of warm water. Let sit for a moment or two, then stir to dissolve..
- Add sugar, salt, and flour to yeast and water mixture. Stir to combine then as dough starts to come together, knead by hand for about 5-7 minutes..
- Once dough becomes like elastic and only slightly sticky (I added a few pinches of extra flour as kneading) transfer to a larger bowl that has been rubbed down lightly with oil. Cover and let rise until dough has doubled in size, approximately 1 hour..
- After dough has risen, dump it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 8 equal portions. Hand roll each section into a rope about 1 & 1/2 feet long. Now try your best to make that classic pretzel shape! It's best to lay it down, start with a U, and bring the ends in wrapping them around each other in the middle. Once you have all your pretzels laid out, cover them and let them puff up for about 20 minutes..
- Prepare your water bath. You'll need a wide, deep pot. Bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add brown sugar and baking soda. When you add the baking soda it will foam and nearly double in size. Reduce to simmer..
- Add pretzels to your water bath one at a time to avoid crowding. You'll probably only be able to fit 2 or 3 in at a time. Simmer each side for 30 seconds. Remove from pot, set aside on a greased baking sheet, and repeat with the rest!.
- Now once your pretzels are all boiled, make your egg wash. Brush each pretzel liberally. While you begin this process, preheat your oven to 450°F..
- Top your pretzels however you wish. I stuck with kosher salt, while my fiance made a few with cinnamon sugar and a few with garlic and black pepper..
- Bake for 12 minutes at 450°F or until your desired level of golden brown beauty has been achieved!.
Skip the pretzel salt and toss them in a little. Was searching for a soft pretzel recipe to make to enjoy while watching Wisconsin Badgers football. Yours was an almost identical match to the freshly baked! Delicious! "ALMOST" made me forget I wasn't sitting in my seat at the game! Just a few simple ingredients is all you need to make Homemade Soft Pretzels.
If you find this Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.