Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, broccoli cheese soup – slow cooker. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook broccoli cheese soup – slow cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Prepare 6 cups of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- Get 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- Get 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Make ready 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 2 oz. of cream cheese.
- Get 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Get 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- Take 3 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Make ready 1 cup of milk.
- Get 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Get 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- Get 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Get 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food broccoli cheese soup – slow cooker recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!