Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Doughnuts with sourdough starter recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Doughnuts with sourdough starter recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Doughnuts with sourdough starter recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually great at fighting back depression. Just see to it that you do not throw out the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk especially, are stuffed full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to improve your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that control your mood. Consume an egg and jolly up!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to doughnuts with sourdough starter recipe. You can cook doughnuts with sourdough starter using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Doughnuts with sourdough starter:
- You need 250 gr of White flour starter.
- Take 350 gr of all purpose flour or 300 gr strong bread flour.
- You need 2 of egg yolks – room temperature.
- Take 75 gr of sugar (100 gr for sweet doughnuts) or 4 tbsp honey.
- Use 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- Use 70 gr of warm milk.
Steps to make Doughnuts with sourdough starter:
- Beat egg yolks with sugar or honey, add the melted butter. Mix it..
- Add the starter to the warm milk, mix it well..
- Mix the egg mixture to the milk mixture and slowly add the flour. Stir it with your wooden spoon until it is homogenised..
- Time for kneading, remove out the dough on your counter top. If you feel the dough a bit sticky to you, you may 1 – 2 tbsp flour but not too much. Knead the dough for 12 – 15 minutes. You may use slap / flip and fold technique. Dough should be elastic and smooth. If you have kitchen mixer, you may use it to knead the dough for 5 minutes until the dough is elastic and smooth..
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and let it rise for 3 – 5 hours. Cover it with kitchen towel..
- When the dough double in volume. Take it out on your slightly floured counter, stretch the dough / roll it to 1 cm thickness. It will be softer than regular doughnut dough. Cut out the dough with ring cutter. Place it on the parchment paper or floured baking tray. For the rest dough, you can knead it and stretch it again. Cut it. the leftover dough, you may just leave it on its shapes..
- Cover the doughnuts with kitchen towel. Let it rise for one and half hours. Poke the dough. If the indent/poke you make with your finger stays longer / does not spring back quickly, the doughnuts are ready to be fried..
- Heat the oil in a pot, minimun filled it 1/4 pot – 1/2 pot full with oil. Do not over heat the oil. You may use a chopstick or wooden stick to test the oil. If the bubbles appear around the stick, the oil is ready to be used..
- Place in two to three doughnuts once, fry it for 2 mins each side until golden brown. Bring it out to a plate with a paper napkin to absorb the extra oil..
- Fry the rest of the doughnuts. Let it cool down. Let us make a bite first. looks great inside..
- While cooling down, prepare the toppings such as plate with icing sugar powder, bowl of melted chocolate, bowl of chopped nut, or some jam, and many mores..
- Dip each doughnut with the toppings. Your doughnuts are ready to be enjoyed..
Bring dough together gently with you hands. Sprinkle some flour onto a work surface and turn dough on to it. The night before you bake the donuts, combine starter, maple syrup or honey, water, flour, milk and olive oil in a bowl, mixing well. Cover with plastic wrap, and leave the batter out at room temperature overnight. Regular commercial yeast is sometimes used in perferments, such as the poolish for croissant dough Sourdough starter is a preferment that can live on and on, growing to replace what you use.
If you find this Doughnuts with sourdough starter recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.