Homeade Lemon Drops.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, homeade lemon drops. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Homeade Lemon Drops is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Homeade Lemon Drops is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook homeade lemon drops using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Homeade Lemon Drops:
- Take 1 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of water.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of citric acid (I use Ball's fruit fresh produce protector from the canning section at the grocery store).
- Take 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- Make ready 3 of to 4 drops of yellow food coloring.
- Take 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Get 1 of Silpat silicone sheet.
- Prepare 1 of nonstick cooking spray.
- Make ready 1 of kitchen scissors.
- Make ready 1 of handheld kitchen scraper or large flat dull knife.
- Get 1 of candy thermometer.
Instructions to make Homeade Lemon Drops:
- Set your silicone Silpat mat out on the counter (I put mine on a large baking sheet)..
- Grease your kitchen scissors and kitchen scraper or knife with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside..
- In a medium sized saucepan combine the sugar, water and cream of tartar. Continually stir the sugar mixture until the sugar dissolves. After the sugar dissolves, let the sugar boil without stirring until it reaches the hard crack stage on your candy thermometer. (149°C/300°F).
- Once the sugar reaches the hard crack stage take the pan off the heat and immediately pour it onto your Silpat silicone mat..
- Now is the the time to work fast!!! Quickly add the citric acid, food coloring and lemon extract to the hot sugar..
- With your buttered kitchen scraper, fold the sugar over itself as if kneading repeatedly to mix thoroughly..
- Once the sugar is all mixed with flavorings, the sugar should be starting to cool enough to handle but yet still very warm and soft..
- You'll notice that the sugar wont stick as much to the mat once it starts cooling and its easier to fold and form..
- Take small sections of the warm sugar and roll into ropes..
- Using your buttered kitchen scissors, cut small pieces off of the sugar rope and immediately roll into small drops/balls. Set aside on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
- After making all the drops, roll them in the powdered sugar to keep them from sticking together and a little sweetness..
- These do well when they're stored in an airtight container and keep for up to 3 months..
- **Sugar Tips**.
- If the sugar starts to harden up while you are trying to roll the drops, place the sugar on the Silpat silicone mat on top of a baking sheet into the oven at 200° for 2 to 3 minutes to soften it. I had to do this a few times. Remember, sugar hardens fast so you have to work quickly..
- You can also make sugar curls while you are working with forming the warm sugar. While the sugar is nice and warm, pull it gently into a long thin string and wrap it around a greased wooden spoon. Wait 1 minute for the sugar to cool then gently remove the curl and use for your favorite dessert as a fancy garnish!.
- (Adapted from Chocswirl blog).
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food homeade lemon drops recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!