Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vietnamese Beef Stew recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vietnamese Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you probably purchase many food items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese beef stew recipe. You can have vietnamese beef stew using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vietnamese Beef Stew:
- Use of ingredients: 2 lbs beef shank, cut into 1.5 inch cubes.
- Provide of ginger, thinly sliced.
- Use of beef tendon strips or about 1/2 lb.
- You need of lemongrass (white end bruised and slice into 4-5 inch.
- Get of bay leaves 3-4 star anise seeds, (toasted optional).
- Provide of beef broth 4 medium sized carrots 2 tbs annato seed oil.
- Take of diced shallots 1 tbs minced garlic 1 tbs paprika.
- Prepare of minced lemongrass 1/2 tbs fish sauce 1/2 ts red chili powd.
- Take of ts cinnamon 1/4 ts clove powder 1/4 ts anise powder.
- Get of ts ground pepper 1 ts sugar.
- Get of Marinade 1 tbs diced shallots 1 tbs minced garlic.
- You need of paprika 1 tbs minced lemongrass 1/2 tbs fish sauce.
- Prepare of ts red chili powder 1/4 ts cinnamon 1/4 ts clove powder.
- You need of ts anise powder 1 ts ground pepper 1 ts sugar.
- You need of Accompaniments Toasted French baguettes Fresh Basil.
- Take of lime/lemon wedges Diced cilantro and green onions Sliced jalapen.
- Take of Rice noodles.
Instructions to make Vietnamese Beef Stew:
- In large mixing bowl, combine the beef shank with the spice marinade for at least 2 hours. Saute the beef with 1 tbs of annato seed oil until browned and seared under medium high heat. Transfer this into the slow cooker. Add the beef tendons, stalk of lemonsgrass, star anise seeds, bay leaves, and beef broth. You may need to add more broth or water to just cover and submerge the beef. Set slow cooker to lowest possible setting and allow to cook covered for overnight or about 8 hours. About 1 h.
- Set slow cooker to lowest possible setting and allow to cook covered for overnight or about 8 hours. About 1 hour before it's done, add the carrots. Just before serving add another 1 tbs of annato seed oil to the broth for a great red color. Make final adjustment and season to taste.
Vietnamese Beef Stew, or Bò Kho, was one of the very first dishes my mother-in-law taught me to cook after seeing the disastrous results when left on my own. Vetnamese Beef Stew (bò sốt vang) is about the easiest recipe for beef stew ever and has a truly unique flavor profile. You will love this dish with a nice crusty bread ! Is there anything a good tomato broth can't do? This stew does take a while to cook, but it's very low-maintenance; all you really have to do is check it once to put the squash in.
If you find this Vietnamese Beef Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.