Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Drink water, not alternative drinks. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won’t hurt you too badly. Getting all of your hydration from them is a terrible idea. When you choose water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthy and hydrated. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without requiring you to buy and eat gross diet foods. Water is often the key to successful weight-loss and healthfulness.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done every single day, can do a lot to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe. To make holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce you need 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce:
- Provide of The celeriac mash.
- Take 1/2 of a celeriac.
- Take 2 of big potatoes (I used Maris piper).
- Take 1-2 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Get Half of a tsp nutmeg.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Get of The duck.
- Get 2 of x duck breasts.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves bashed / skin on.
- Use sprigs of Thyme.
- Get of Seasoning.
- Take of The sauce.
- You need 4 of ripe figs.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take of Good splash balsamic vinegar.
- Take of Good splash red wine.
- You need 2 tsp of fig jam/chutney.
- Take of Water.
Steps to make Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce:
- Chop the celeriac and potatoes and add them to a pot of cold water. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer until soft..
- Once cooked, strain the vegetables and mash. Add the creme fraiche and finely grated nutmeg and keep mashing until smooth. Season and put in a warm oven..
- Prepare the duck – score the skin, season on both sides and then place the duck skin side down on a hot non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook for 15 – 18 minutes. After about two or three minutes add the Garlic and thyme.
- Meanwhile prepare your sauce. Finely chop the figs and add to a pan with a little olive oil. Fry for 2 mins. Turn up the heat and add a good lug of red wine and allow to reduce. Then add a little sugar, the chutney and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Reduce the heat and allow to cook. Add water as you go to keep it saucey. Cook for about 10 minutes..
- After 15-18 minutes of cooking skin side down, flip your duck breasts and cook for another two minutes on the other side..
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest while you prepare your plates, cook your veg and make sure your celeriac is warm..
- Slice the duck (it should be pink) and serve..
If you find this Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.