Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Calzones recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Calzones recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you consume them, may improve your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is high in a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental sharpness while relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know green tea can help improve your mood also!
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy calzones recipe. To make easy calzones you only need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Calzones:
- Use 1 lb of ground sausage.
- Take 1 can of medium black olives (I got whole bc its cheaper and cut them in half myself).
- Use 1 small of yellow onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 small of green pepper, chopped.
- Get 8 oz of presliced pepperoni.
- Prepare 4 oz of shredded sharp cheddar.
- You need 4 oz of shredded mozzerella cheese.
- You need 2 can of refridgerated pizza dough (biscuts work just fine too).
- Provide 1 of egg (for eggwash).
- Provide 1/3 cup of water (for eggwash).
Instructions to make Easy Calzones:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fry the sausage until pink is gone. Add chopped onions and peppers and salute to your taste and drain off the grease. (We like ours a little on the crisp side!).
- Roll out pizza dough and cut into the size of rectangles you want. I made mine about 4"x6"..
- Put enough of the cheddar on the dough to cover the bottom, leaving about 1/4in around the edge to help seal..
- Spoon the sausage mix onto the cheese. Top with olives, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese..
- Cover the top with a second rectangle of dough, pinching and folding the edges around to ensure nothing falls out..
- Place on a nonstick pan (lightly greased) and poke a few holes in the top. Beat the egg and water together and brush over the top..
- Bake about 12-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. We eat ours with either marinara sauce, or just some good old ranch..
Brush melted butter over the top of the calzones. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. This homemade calzone recipe is a fun twist on a classic pizza.
If you find this Easy Calzones recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.