Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Simple homemade kimchi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple homemade kimchi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple homemade kimchi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. Even more crucial than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple homemade kimchi recipe. You can have simple homemade kimchi using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Simple homemade kimchi:
- Take 1 of napa cabbage (about 2 pounds).
- Get 1/4 cup of sea salt.
- Get of Water.
- Take 6 cloves of grated garlic.
- You need of About 2 tsp of grated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Korean Red pepper flakes (gochugaru) see pic below.
- Take 5-6 stalks of cut up scallion.
- Take 8 oz of daikon or carrots grated.
Steps to make Simple homemade kimchi:
- Cut up the cabbage into strips (I like it cut to smaller pieces) so when I enjoy the kimchi, I don't have to make them smaller.
- Add salt to the cut cabbage and massage the salt over the cabbage for about 5 minutes. Then add water to cover the cabbage and let it sit for about an hour.
- Get rid of the salt water and drain the caggabe with cold water about 3x in a colander. Use filtered water as the cabbage will be fermented without cooking..
- Get rid of excess water and in a large bowl, mix the cabbage with all the ingredients mentioned on the ingredient list above..
- If you notice too much water, remove it and add in the scallions and daikon or carrots.
- Mix everything thoroughly and the kimchi can be stored in jars or containers. Let the newly fermented kimchi sit for about 5 days before eating..
This kimchi recipe makes use of ginger, garlic, scallions (or green onions), and Daikon radish aside from cabbage. Each of these vegetables help provide flavors to this delightful side dish. Simple Homemade Kimchi Pancake. written by Emma Tang. My favorite kind is kimchi made from After I bought the kimchi from the store, the first thing I do is transferring them to a pickle jar or a. Fermented foods, such as kimchi, contain probiotics that support digestion.
If you find this Simple homemade kimchi recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.