Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil fingers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil fingers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more healthy feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. This is often a problem, however, in terms of eating between goodies. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Eating almonds is an excellent alternative as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds offer many health advantages. Almonds can be a natural way to obtain B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. They generally do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont make you long for a nap. Instead, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. From time to time eating almonds can even be a mood increaser!
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil fingers recipe. You can have lentil fingers using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lentil fingers:
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils ( washed, rinsed).
- Take 2 of medium potatoes – chopped.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 2 of dry onions.
- Get of Scallions.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper,.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Get 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of pepper paste.
- You need 1/2 bunch of parsley -chopped.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of fine bulgur.
Instructions to make Lentil fingers:
- Wash lentils, rinse, peel potatoes . In a small saucepan, combine the lentils, potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3 cups of water.Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered over low heat, until absorb most of the water or cooked. (Keep a cup of boiling water aside, we may need later).
- Meanwhile chop onions.
- Chop parsley, scallions.
- Stir lentil mix into the bulgur and remove from the heat. Cover and set aside until the bulgur is very soft, 15 to 20 minutes..
- In a small skillet over low heat, heat the oil and add the onion, sautéing until soft, about 3 minutes.
- . Add the tomato and pepper pastes and mix well. Remove from the heat and cool. Add cumin, crushed red pepper and black pepper..
- Add the onion mixture to the lentil mixture and toss to mix..
- Add the scallions and parsley, mixing gently.
- form the lentil mixture into oval balls.
- You can line the platter with lettuce leaves before you serving..
The lentil (Lens culinaris or Lens esculenta) is an edible legume. It is an annual plant known for its lens-shaped seeds. Lentils are quickly becoming a favorite crop due to their amazing health benefits and versatility in cooking. Lentils are usually grown on large farms and harvested using expensive equipment. French lentils are a variety of green lentils.
If you find this Lentil fingers recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.