Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Simple Calabacitas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Calabacitas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Calabacitas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Food Items You Select To Feed On Will Effect Your Health.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Its also wise to comprehend that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These kinds of foods are packed with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. In the following paragraphs we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
Nuts and different seeds will be a much better option when you are looking for a quick snack to enjoy. You will come to realize that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have more than others. Omega-3 and Omega-6 are called essential fatty acids and they’re essential simply because your body utilizes these types of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. A few of these hormones that are needed can only be produced by having these fatty acids in your diet.
By simply following some of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple calabacitas recipe. You can have simple calabacitas using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Simple Calabacitas:
- Take 1 of zucchini (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- Use 1 of yellow squash (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- Use 1 of ear of sweet corn kernels.
- Get 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mozzerella cheese, shredded.
Instructions to make Simple Calabacitas:
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cheese. Gently toss to coat.
- Steam veggies for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top (I like mine super cheesey!).
- *If you do not have a steamer, you can bring a few cups of water to a boil in a small stock pot. Place veggies in a metal strainer and set atop the pot and cover with a lid (see pic).
- **I discovered calabacitas when I lived in New Mexico. There are several variations, but this is just a simple basic "go grab it out of my garden" version!.
This diced vegetable medley is fast, simple, and a great side dish for any meal! Cut the corn off of the cob into a bowl – catch the "milk" as well (Amanda demonstrates this in the corn chowder video). Heat the olive oil to med – high and add the onion and a pinch of salt. Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring until soft.
If you find this Simple Calabacitas recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.