Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Vitality.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more balanced feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Yogurt is a snack many individuals neglect. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. Along with calcium, it really is a good supplier of protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by many people. Try putting in some healthy nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an uncomplicated way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to biko (filipino rice cake) recipe. To make biko (filipino rice cake) you only need 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Biko (Filipino Rice Cake):
- Take 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- Provide 4 cups of coconut milk (kakang gata/ 2 cans of coconut milk will do 400 ml each).
- Provide 2 cups of water.
- Get 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Use 6 drops of ube essence (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Steps to make Biko (Filipino Rice Cake):
- Wash glutinous rice in a pot or rice cooker. Drain excess water. Add 2 cups of water. Cook glutinous rice like you would with regular white rice..
- On a pan, pour 2 cups of coconut milk and sugar. Set to medium heat and bring to a boil..
- Add 6 drops of ube essence to mixture (optional)..
- Add rice to the mixture. Constant mixing (folding motion) is necessary to prevent crusting at the bottom of the pan..
- Keep mixing till sticky enough that it looks like a dough..
- Put biko in a container and push with a spatula to even out surface..
- Cooking latik: In a separate pan, pour 1 can/2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to boil and set to high heat. Keep stirring until paste-like consistency is observed then add vegetable oil to aid in toasting the coconut milk..
- Once browned remove from heat, and drain and squeeze excess oil with a paper towel..
- Spread latik over biko. Serve and enjoy..
If you find this Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.