Honey preserved prune pork belly. Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables aka Mei Cai Kou Rou in Chinese / Mui Choy Kau Yuk in Cantonese is a notable dish in Hakka cuisine. Time to show how to make Pork Belly Sous Vide for the New Year! Use strong honey, such as manuka, so the flavour permeates this rich and sticky pork dish.
Find this Pin and more on Yummm by pader vang. · Cantonese Roast Pork Belly, or siu yuk, can be found hanging in many Chinatown restaurant windows but you can make this crispy pork belly recipe at home with this easy to follow recipe. Season the pork fillet and brush with honey. Heat a frying pan until hot and add the butter.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, honey preserved prune pork belly. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetables aka Mei Cai Kou Rou in Chinese / Mui Choy Kau Yuk in Cantonese is a notable dish in Hakka cuisine. Time to show how to make Pork Belly Sous Vide for the New Year! Use strong honey, such as manuka, so the flavour permeates this rich and sticky pork dish.
Honey preserved prune pork belly is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Honey preserved prune pork belly is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have honey preserved prune pork belly using 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Honey preserved prune pork belly:
- Take of Marinate:.
- Make ready 1 lb (450 g) of Pork belly.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of White Pepper.
- Take 3 tbsp of Water.
- Get of Sauce:.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Get 3 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 3 of Chopped dried preserved prunes.
- Make ready 2 of Chopped dried tangerine peeled skin.
- Prepare of Batter:.
- Make ready 1 of Large egg.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Make ready 1/8 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 10 tbsp ( or 150 ml) of water (1/2 cup +2 tbsp).
- Get 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Make ready 1/2 cup (65 g) of Corn starch.
- Prepare 3/4 cup (105 g) of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Make ready of Oil for frying.
- Make ready 1/2 of Green bell pepper cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red bell pepper cubes.
- Make ready 1/2 can of Canned pineapple cubes.
- Take 1 of Sliced large red onion.
Sear on each side until golden brown. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut the pork belly into smaller strips and then mix with marinating sauce, ginger, garlic and scallion. Place in air-tight bag and do a small message.
Steps to make Honey preserved prune pork belly:
- Cut 450 g pork belly into cubes..
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp white pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 3 tbsp water..
- Mix and let the pork belly marinate for 20 mins..
- Make the batter by combining 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1 large egg, 10 tbsp water and 2 tsp baking powder..
- Then add in 1/2 cup corn starch and whisk..
- Add 3/4 cup flour and whisk.
- 2 tbsp oil last and whisk.
- Combine and batter the pork belly together..
- Make the sauce by combining 5 tbsp ketchup, 4 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp honey, 4 chopped dried preserved prune, 2 chopped dried tangerine skin peel, 3 tbsp water and mix together..
- Pour oil in wok and fry the pork belly, then remove and set aside..
- Once it turns golden brown, remove and drain the pork belly..
- Heat up a wok and add in some cooking oil. Add in 1 sliced large red onion and stir fry until light brown, then follow by 1/2 red bell pepper cubes, 1/2 green bell pepper cubes and 1/2 canned pineapple cubes. Stir fry until you smell the peppery aroma and then put it aside..
- Pour the tomato sauce into the wok and heat until the sauce thickenens. Add the peppers, pineapples and pork belly in and coat them with the sauce..
Brush the honey sauce on both sides of the pork belly. Take out and brush honey water once again. Marinated for twenty-four hours, this flavorful pork belly is then brushed with honey and then roasted. Add to soup, buns, or enjoy in slices during a meal. Roasted pork belly also known as Chinese BBQ pork is a famous dish in the southern part of China especially in Guangdong province.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food honey preserved prune pork belly recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!