Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked chicken parmigiana recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked chicken parmigiana recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically change your eating habits. Even more important than completely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked chicken parmigiana recipe. You can have baked chicken parmigiana using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked chicken parmigiana:
- Use 1 of medium red onion, 200g, diced.
- Get 1 of large ramiro pepper or 2 small, 150g, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium courgette, 200g, diced.
- Use 2 of large garlic cloves, finely diced.
- Get 2 cans of chopped tomatoes.
- Get 4 of chicken breasts, total around 500-600g.
- You need 40 g of grated Parmesan.
- Provide 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- Take 250 g of grated mozzarella.
- Take 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Get of Oil.
- Get of Butter.
Steps to make Baked chicken parmigiana:
- Start by making your ratatouille style sauce. In a large saucepan add 2 tablespoons of oil and place on a medium to high heat. Add the onions and stir. Reduce the heat to medium and soften for 8 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Meanwhile, start preparing the chicken. We are going to open out the chicken. Lay the chicken on a board. You are going to cut the chicken on the more round side. Place your hand flat on the chicken and slice with the knife horizontally into the chicken to open it out like a book. (You do not need to cut all the way through yet).
- Do this for all the chicken breasts. Once you can open out the chicken place a piece of parchment on top and flatten it with a rolling pin or mallet. Then cut the chicken breast in half. Remember to wash your hands after handling raw chicken..
- Add in the courgettes and peppers to the onions and stir. Add a few twists of salt and pepper and the oregano. Stir and soften the vegetables for another 5-7 minutes until they 'wilt'. Then add the 2 cans of tomatoes and stir. (Top tip. If your tomatoes are quite runny and have a lot of liquid add 2 teaspoons of tomato puree) Continue to simmer the sauce for another 10-15 minutes on high heat to reduce to a thick consistency. Stir regularly to avoid sticking..
- On a plate add the Parmesan and on another plate add the egg and whisk lightly. Season the egg with a little salt and pepper. Take one chicken piece. Dip one side in the egg, and then dip it in Parmesan. Prepare all of the chicken the same way and set aside..
- Place a reliable non stick frying pan on the hob and add a tablespoon of oil and a nob of butter. Put it on a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken pieces, Parmesan side down for about 3 minutes until you get a lovely crust from the Parmesan and place the cooked chicken to one side on a clean plate..
- Once your sauce is thick, check the seasoning. Add a little more salt and pepper if needed. Place sauce in a baking dish and position the chicken on top, Parmesan side up. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes on 190 degrees C..
- Serve the dish with carbs or no carbs!.
- Top tips. I prefer to use the mozzarella that isn't in water as it adds water to the dish. If you want to use that mozzarella be extra sure your sauce is thick! I like to cook the meal in 2 separate dishes so that I can cook one fresh in the oven another day. It will also freeze well..
Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles, roasted veggies or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side. Baked Chicken Parmesan is healthy because it is baked and not fried, which means it uses less oil. Using chicken breasts means it has lots of protein but less fat. I use my homemade marinara sauce, which has no added sugar. And you can control the type of cheese you use, as well as how much..
If you find this Baked chicken parmigiana recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.