Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be very nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to combat depression. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3s and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression.
As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Test out these hints instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale recipe. You can have potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale using 10 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale:
- Provide of The pie.
- Use 1 large of boneless, skinless chicken breast, 8 ounces or two smaller breasts.
- Provide 6 slice of turkey bacon.
- Prepare 4 cup of kale, cleaned, stems removed and rough chop.
- Get 1 tbsp of oil.
- Get 4 oz of goat cheese.
- Prepare 1 oz of butter, 1/4 stick, melted.
- Get 1 tsp of each garlic and onion powder.
- Use 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 4 large of russet potatoes.
Instructions to make Potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale:
- Cook bacon slices until crisp, remove from pan leaving fat in pan. Turkey bacon gives off very little so add oil. If you would like to use regular bacon, omit oil..
- Add kale to heated oil or fat, cooking on medium heat for 4 minutes. Just wilt the kale..
- Add goat cheese, garlic and onion powders and a touch of salt and pepper..
- Cook one minutes to melt cheese, set aside..
- Take chicken breast and thinly slice to get four pieces from it. Cut by placing hand on top of breast, use a sharp knife and slice layers. Please be careful!!.
- With a mandoline cut potatoes lengthwise about 1/8" thick. You can do this step by hand also just keep slices uniform..
- TO ASSEMBLE PIE:.
- In a 9" pie plate , brush bottom with butter..
- Add a layer of potatoes just slightly overlapping each other..
- Brush potatoes with butter and sprinkle a touch of salt over them..
- Place a layer of thin sliced chicken on potatoes, sprinkle with pepper..
- Layer another potato layer brushing with butter and sprinkle with salt..
- Top that layer with kale cheese mixture, covering potatoes..
- Layer again with potatoes with salt and butter then chicken and pepper ending with final layer of potatoes..
- Brush rest of melted butter over entire top and sprinkle with pepper..
- Place pie plate on baking tray and cover loosely with aluminum foil..
- Bake in preheated oven of 385°F covered for 30 minutes..
- Uncover and cook another 60 minutes until potatoes are browned and tender..
- Let cool 15 minutes before cutting..
- Top with crumbled bacon and additional 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese..
- This recipe by taylor68too.
If this recipe makes you go out and find some local goat cheese, my work here is done. If you want to hit your favorite local grocery store and pick up your favorite soft, herbed cheese (like Boursin), go right ahead. You can also use Instant Pot Chicken or Crock Pot Shredded Chicken. **For the sage, rosemary, and/or thyme, I suggest buying the "Poultry Blend. Goat Cheese-&-Olive-Stuffed Chicken Breasts The hard part of making this elegant dish is choosing the filling. Making a pocket in the chicken breast to hold the stuffing is easy, particularly if.
If you find this Potato pie stuffed with chicken, goat cheese and kale recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.