Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Shortbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shortbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shortbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snacks.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is usually a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a easy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shortbread recipe. You can cook shortbread using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Shortbread:
- Prepare 240 g (2 cups) of plain flour.
- Prepare 36 g (1/4 cup) of rice flour.
- Get 65 g (1/4 cup) of caster sugar, more for sprinkling.
- Use of zest grated from 1 lemon and 1 lime.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt (1/2 teaspoon).
- Use 225 g (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
Steps to make Shortbread:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Line an 18 x 23cm or 20 x 20 square (7 x 9in, or 8 x 8 square) baking tin with parchment..
- Mix the lemon and lime zest into the sugar. Stir the flours, flavoured sugar and salt together and pour in melted butter when it has cooled down. Mix well with a spoon..
- Press the dough into the lined tin. You can mark lines with a sharp knife or a pastry cutter for cutting the fingers when baked..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until pale golden..
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with caster sugar (plain or mixed with more lemon zest). Cut the shortbread into fingers taken out of tin but still in the parchment– it will make 16 medium sized ones..
- Cool them completely on a wire rack – they will be awfully crumbly at first but will set as they cool..
Shortbread typically has a higher ratio of butter to flour, is baked at a lower temperature and has a dry, crumbly melt-in-your-mouth quality. Vanilla Bean Shortbread: Split a vanilla bean in half lengthwise and use the back of a knife to scrape out the pulp. The shortbread can be shaped before or after cooking, and most traditional recipes call for discs, squares, petticoat tails (triangular pizza-shaped slices made out of a big circle), or thick rectangular fingers. Pat the shortbread into the pan and cut after baking or roll it and cut the dough in the preferred shape. Sift together flour and salt in a small bowl.
If you find this Shortbread recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.