Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. Even more important than completely altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to (sweet) potato – aloo curry recipe. You can cook (sweet) potato – aloo curry using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry:
- Provide of large sweet potatoes OR.
- Get of potatoes.
- Take of garlic (minced ca.50-60g).
- Get of fresh turmeric or 6tsp dried.
- Provide of medium onions (diced ca.965g).
- Use of coconut oil.
- You need of =21g curry powder.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Get of salt.
- You need of = cinnamon.
- Take of =7c diced tomatoes.
- Provide of date (or maple) syrup.
- Get of full-fat coconut milk.
- Get of c=850g frozen peas.
- Take of If needed:.
- Provide of More coconut milk or veg broth.
- You need of Decorate with:.
- Use of Cilantro.
- Provide of Fresh julienne cut ginger.
Steps to make (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry:
- Dice (peal if you prefer) potatoes.
- Boil until 'al dente' – usually 10min if starting with salted boiling water.
- While boiling the potatoes prepare :.
- Mince garlic and turmeric finely or if mixer available use (in tmx speed 10 for 5sec).
- Chop onions finely (in tmx speed 5.5 for 5sec).
- Add coconut oil to pan and heat up OR if available into cooking mixer.
- If preparing in pan / pot :.
- Heat oil, fry onions till yellow translucent, then add garlic till fragrant.
- Add turmeric.
- Add spices.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook till it becomes pastelike for about half an hour at medium high temperature.
- If you're using the tmx: Varoma speed 1 set for 20-30 min.
- Add ingredients like in pot method with tomatoes being last addition.
- Now mix potatoes (or sweet potatoes) with the paste in large pot.
- Add coconut milk.
- 20min medium flame simmer with lid on.
- Add peas and let sit covered for 5min, flame turned off.
- Add date sirup and stir well.
- Serve with chopped cilantro or thai basil on top.
If you find this (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.