Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwestern Meat Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwestern Meat Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwestern meat pie recipe. You can cook southwestern meat pie using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwestern Meat Pie:
- Take of meat pie.
- Take 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Provide 1 large of egg.
- Provide 1/2 cup of prepared salsa.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of black beans or I 15 ounce can, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs soaked with 1 tablespoon milk.
- Get 5 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Take 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide of corn bread topping.
- You need 1 box of jiffy corn muffin mix.
- Take 3 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn kernels.
- Provide 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of diced green onion.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
Steps to make Southwestern Meat Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Prepare a 9" spring form pan by lining bottom with parchment paper. I do this for a nicer presentation and easy slide out of finished product but you may use a pie plate or baking dish..
- Mix all meat pie ingredients in large bowl and place in your choice of cooking dish. Build a well into meat.Pat meat filling flat in middle and push slightly up sides of baking dish..
- Bake 40 minutes. I suggest placing a spring form pan on a baking tray to catch any juices flowing from meat cooking..
- Mix the corn muffin mix according to package directions just before ready to place on top of meat as it will become dry being prepared too early. Add the extra ingredients I've included. Batter will be thick..
- After the meat cooks for 40 minutes remove from oven and top with muffin mix..
- Cook an additional 15 -20 minutes or until muffin top is set..
- Serve with extra salsa, sour cream our guacamole on top each portion if you like..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
If you find this Southwestern Meat Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.