Honey-Flavored Sweet Potato Yokan. A traditional Japanese sweet potato dessert recipe, made with sweet potatoes, agar, and sugar. The perfect accompaniment to a cup of green tea. Taste the flavours of Autumn with this sweet potato yokan dessert recipe.
It is usually sold in a block form, and eaten in slices. There are two main types: neri yōkan and mizu yōkan. "Mizu" means "water", and indicates that it is made with more water than usual. Yokan is one of the most representative Japanese jelly sweets.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, honey-flavored sweet potato yokan. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Honey-Flavored Sweet Potato Yokan is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Honey-Flavored Sweet Potato Yokan is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
A traditional Japanese sweet potato dessert recipe, made with sweet potatoes, agar, and sugar. The perfect accompaniment to a cup of green tea. Taste the flavours of Autumn with this sweet potato yokan dessert recipe.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook honey-flavored sweet potato yokan using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Honey-Flavored Sweet Potato Yokan:
- Prepare 1 medium of Sweet potato.
- Get 4 grams of Powdered kanten.
- Take 300 ml of Water.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Honey.
Yokan is typically made from red beans, agar, and sugar. It is commonly eaten in summer. Yokan is a Japanese sweet treat that has a form of a firm jelly. It is made with red bean paste, sugar, and agar-agar.
Steps to make Honey-Flavored Sweet Potato Yokan:
- You can find powdered kanten at the supermarket..
- Slice the sweet potato to 1 cm rounds and soak in water for about 20 minutes. Remove any scum..
- Add the sweet potato to boiling water and boil for 25 minutes on high heat to soften. Use a masher to mash..
- Add sugar (1 tablespoon) and honey (2 tablespoons) and mix well..
- Pour water (1.5 cups) in a pot and bring to a boil. Then add the kanten (4 g) and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. Dissolve and mix well..
- Combine Steps 4 and 5 in a blender while 5 is still hot. Then pour into a container..
- Let sit in the refrigerator for half a day, cut into pieces of your desired shape, and it's complete..
Peel the sweet potatoes, cut in pieces and boil until soft. Mush or push through a tamis (recommended) while the potatoes are hot. Melt the agar powder in the water. Mizu yokan with delightful chestnut inside red bean jelly, this easy and chilled Japanese sweet is perfect to enjoy on hot days. Often enjoyed during the summer days, Mizu yokan, a chilled Japanese red bean jelly with chestnut is a traditional sweet in Japan.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food honey-flavored sweet potato yokan recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!