Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Many of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that actually can improve your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really terrific at beating back depression. Just make sure that you don’t get rid of the egg yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks especially, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you raise your mood. This is because the B vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Consume an egg and feel happier!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try these suggestions instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese recipe. To make sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Provide 1 large of head of celeriac (root vegetable).
- Use 1 large of leek.
- Get 4 of spring onions.
- Prepare 80 grams of Stilton or other blue cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 of vegetable stock cube.
- Use 1/2 tsp of fenugreek (powder) optional.
- Take 1/4 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of good sprinkle of dried tarragon.
- Get 1 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 1/2 of lemon (juice only) plus 1 tablespoon extra.
- You need 1 tbsp of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt or to taste.
- Get 3 of or so drops of Maggi liquid seasoning ( I use the hot spicy one) or use 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
Instructions to make Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Peel the celeriac and chop into small shanks. Set a few very small pieces aside for garnish..
- Put the bigger pieces in a pot with the finely chopped leeks and spring onions. Cover just with water. Add a colander or sieve over this but not letting it touch the water..
- Now drop the smaller celeriac pieces into 1/4 of the lemon juice and rub it into the celeriac. Remove and put into the sieve over the other vegetables in the water bring to boil thus cooking the leeks , bigger chunky celeriac and spring onions and steaming the smaller celeriac pieces at the same time..
- When the smaller pieces are almost cooked remove and set aside in another 1/4 of lemon juice..
- Add all other ingredients except the 1 extra tablespoon of lemon juice and the cheese to vegetables in the pot..
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Puree the soup, add more water to reach consistency you prefer ,add the cheese and ensure it I melted.
- Gently fry the smaller pieces of celeriac until they just caramelise do not fry brown or they go bitter.
- Finally season to taste with rest of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt if needed and arrange the smaller pieces of celeriac sprinkled with some of the green from the spring onions..
This will work with most blue cheeses – try leftover Christmas Stilton, Gorgonzola or Roquefort. Melt the butter or margarine and add the celeriac. This is a variation on my French onion soup recipe but uses only red onions and a little vegan blue cheese. Soup is the most delicious way to use any wonky onions! #wonkyautumn #mycookbook JJ. Heat the oil and butter in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes, until softened.
If you find this Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.