Banoffee Pie. Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee (made from boiled condensed milk, or dulce de leche), combined either on a buttery biscuit base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include chocolate, coffee or both. Remove the pie from the refrigerator.
Get our Classic Banoffee Pie recipe here and whip up a homemade treat that tastes great. Make a homemade dessert that's sure to have everyone talking with our tempting banoffee pie recipe. I've heard of banoffee pie but I've never had it — just the sound of coffee whipped cream alone would make me try it!
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, banoffee pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee (made from boiled condensed milk, or dulce de leche), combined either on a buttery biscuit base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include chocolate, coffee or both. Remove the pie from the refrigerator.
Banoffee Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Banoffee Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook banoffee pie using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Banoffee Pie:
- Take 250 G of Mcvities digestives biscuits 'The Original'.
- Make ready 175 G of Butter, roughly.
- Take 1 Tin of Carnation Caramel.
- Prepare 2 of bananas.
- Get 350 ml of Freshly whipped cream.
- Make ready 1 of Chocolate bar (Brand of Your choice).
Banoffee pie, something my sister and I have a love affair with. Growing up in America with English parents we always had special desserts that none of our friends had heard of. This Thermomix Banoffee Pie is the perfect combination of pastry, caramel, fruit, cream and chocolate. Then, place graham crackers, almonds, and hazelnuts in a sealed bag and beat them into small pieces with a rolling pin.
Instructions to make Banoffee Pie:
- Empty the packet of biscuits into a resealable bag. Crush the biscuits to a powder effect as best as you can. I recommend using a rolling pin to do this..
- Empty the measure of butter into a bowl, heat in microwave as follows: Heat up for 30 seconds, and then stir for several seconds. Repeat this process another 2 times… (So it will be 3 in total.).
- Mix the contents from step 1 & 2. Stir these together for several minutes to get a nice mixture..
- Put the crushed biscuit into your pan/Tray. I highly recommend buying a Springform pan. These become extremely useful when baking with layers. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten the biscuit into a perfect shape which will include edges to help keep the caramel tidy. You can see in the picture provided..
- Open your can of caramel and stir contents of the can for a few minutes. Then empty the caramel onto the biscuit. You should be able to keep it clean & tidy thanks to the edges built in previous step..
- Chop up two banana's into thin slices. At the start i usually like to cut the ends off the banana's and then strip any bits of skin/string from it. Once chopped, place on top of the caramel, try to get an even spread if possible!.
- Using your freshly whipped cream, dig with a spoon and spread across the top of your pie as evenly and smooth as possible. I use Avonmore fresh whipped cream as it is ready to go out of the container..
- The best part. I use Galaxy chocolate as it is my favourite but it is your decision. Using a knife, shave the chocolate bar as best as possible to provide the toppings. You can use your fists on both sides of the chocolate to hold in place, and then your use thumb pressed against the knife to carve the chocolate into flakes! I use two methods, one being the shave method as i just described, and the other would be using a grater to create a real chocolate powder. This is all preference!.
Find out how to make a banoffee pie from scratch, making your own caramel, or buy in dulce de leche for an easy version. Tempt family or guests with a delicious banoffee pie recipe. Heat your dulce de leche in a shallow water bath that you've brought to a bare simmer. This will make the thick dulce de leche pourable. Banoffee Pie is a delicious and easy pie with layers of bananas, dulce de leche and whipped cream!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food banoffee pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!