Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, smokey burrito. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Smokey Burrito is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Smokey Burrito is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have smokey burrito using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Smokey Burrito:
- Take 1 lb of chorizo.
- Take 3 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 of poblano peppers.
- Take 14.5 oz of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 T of applewood seasoning.
- Get 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- Prepare 1 T of + 1 t smoked cumin.
- Make ready 1 C of long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 C of beef stock.
- Get 1/4 t of liquid smoke.
- Make ready 16 oz of refried beans.
- Prepare 3 slices of thick applewood smoked bacon; small dice.
- Get 1/2 of small yellow onion; minced.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1 of lime; cut into 8ths.
- Get as needed of vegetable oil.
Steps to make Smokey Burrito:
- Rub poblano peppers with enough vegetable oil to coat. Char each side under the broiler until blackened, about 1-2 minutes each side. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Let steam 5 minutes before peeling skins. Cut into a medium dice and set aside. Alternatively, char the peppers on the stove top..
- Combine rice, beef stock, and liquid smoke in a small saucepot. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let steam 5 minutes. Do not remove lid prior..
- Slowly render fat from bacon on medium-low heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Pat dry between paper towels..
- Turn heat to medium. Add onions and 1 t smoked cumin with a pinch of salt. Sweat until nearly caramelized, then add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add beans. Stir. Cook 2 minutes..
- Mix chorizo and ground beef together. Season with a large pinch of kosher salt, black pepper, 1 T smoked cumin, ground coriander seed, and applewood seasoning..
- Brown meat mixture until fully cooked, about 8 minutes. Cook in seperate batches if you have to..
- Once meat is browned, add tomatoes and poblano peppers. Cook 2 minutes..
- Lay out tortillas on a large work surface. Portion beans in the center of each tortilla. Portion meat, rice, guacamole, mango salsa, then bacon bits amongst the tortillas. Squeeze 1 wedge of lime juice atop each tortilla..
- Roll burritos and enjoy!.
- Variations; Cinnamon, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, chives, cilantro, grilled pineapple, mango, peach-mango salsa, grilled corn, chipotle, serrano, ancho chile, grilled scallions, cumin, thyme, tomatoes, roasted coriander, creme fraiche, salsa verde, queso fresco, chihuahua cheese, modelo, roasted bell peppers, roasted garlic, oven dried tomatoes, grilled zucchini, sofrito, dark beers, lagers, worcestershire, A1, spinach, arugula, tamarind, crispy shallots, habanero, celery seed, fennel seed, sherry, apple cider vinegar, avocado, poblano, orange zest, bourbon, rum, coconut milk, harissa, dried minced onions, Mexican oregano, black beans, pinto beans, sweet potatoes,.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food smokey burrito recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!