Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Overstuffed Calzones recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Overstuffed Calzones recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super healthy and good for you. There are some foods that basically can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while simultaneously calming your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to get healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are aware that green tea can help improve your mood too!
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try some of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to overstuffed calzones recipe. To make overstuffed calzones you only need 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Overstuffed Calzones:
- You need of For the dough:.
- Take 1 package of active dry yeast.
- Use 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey.
- You need 1 cup of warm water, not hot.
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Get 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get Can of use bread flour or combination of both equal amount.
- Use of You can also add herbs and spices to your dough if you like,.
- Provide of For the filling:.
- Prepare of You can use any fillings you like. Here are some suggestion:.
- Provide of Onion, bell pepper, black olives, spinach, pepperoni, sausage,.
- Provide of Just fill with fav pizza toppings or chicken also.
- Provide of For the dough.
Instructions to make Overstuffed Calzones:
- In large bowl, mixer or bread machine, add warm water..
- Add sugar and yeast. Stir and let sit until frothy..
- In another bowl, add 3 cups all purpose flour, salt and herbs if using..
- When yeast has bloomed add flour mixture and olive oil. Mix until well combined..
- If using stand mixer use dough hook. Bread machine jusr use dough or pizza setting..
- If kneading by hand, lightly flour surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic. About 6-10 minutes. Add flour little at a time if it gets sticky..
- Once the dough ball is smooth and elastic, place a few drops of olive oil i a bowl. Turn dough around coating all sides. Cover with towel or plastic wrap..
- Let dough rise in warm place until doubled..
- After dough has doubled, punch down and turn out on lightly floured surface..
- I cut mine into 4 sections which makes a good size calzone. But you can make as big or small as you like..
- Flatten and roll your dough into a round pizza shape..
- Place cheese and your filling on half of the dough leaving room around edges to seal..
- Fold dough over filling like a half moon shape. Press and stretch edges to seal..
- You can also use tines of fork to seal edges..
- Brush calzones with egg wash or olive oil..
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown..
- Can brush with melted butter and garlic if you like also..
- You can add sauce on the inside like a pizza or dip your calzone in sauce. Just make it anyway you like. Thanks for looking :).
Allow to cool, then serve with the remaining pizza sauce on the side. See recipes for Easy Way Out Calzones, Overstuffed Calzones too. Today calzones are most commonly stuffed with the exact same toppings that go on a pizza which, besides the crust issue, was one of my main problems with it. I mean, why not just fold a pizza in half, and call it a day? So, I decided to do what I hear is a more traditional filling featuring ricotta, fresh mozzarella, and ham.
If you find this Overstuffed Calzones recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.