Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Italian Stromboli recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Italian Stromboli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Italian Stromboli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Decide To Consume.
Something that some of you may already understand is that by consuming the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Its also wise to understand that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These sorts of foods are filled with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. Because of this we are going to be going over the food items that you should be consuming that will have a good effect on your health.
Additionally when it comes to having a dessert following your meals you should think of having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits additionally supply you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins as well as minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. You may also want to combine a couple of things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
For people who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above can help you do that. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to italian stromboli recipe. You can have italian stromboli using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Italian Stromboli:
- Prepare of dough.
- You need 1 tbsp of yeast.
- Take 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Use 1/4 cup of milk.
- Use of pesto sauce.
- Provide 1 cup of basil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 clove of garlic.
- Get 1 dash of sunflower seeds.
- Provide 1 pinch of parmesan.
- You need of filling.
- Provide 1/2 cup of goat cheese.
- Use 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Use 1/2 cup of parmesan.
- Use 2 medium of roasted red peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of tomato.
- Take 2 cup of arugula/spinach.
Steps to make Italian Stromboli:
- Start with the dough, because it will take the longest to make. In a small bowl, mix your yeast and warm water. Gently drizzle the honey over the floating yeast so it will settle at the bottom of the bowl. Let sit for about five minutes, until the yeast begins foaming..
- Mix your flour, salt, activated yeast/honey mixture, and milk together in a very large bowl. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until dough starts to form, then cover your hands with flower and use them to kneed the dough. (I don't have a standing mixer, but that would work just as well if not better.).
- Cover your bowl with a dry towel and set it in a warm place for a little over an hour. The dough will double in size..
- You can make your pesto whenever, but I chose to do mine when my dough timer had about ten minutes left. Start by finely chopping up the basil until you have a leafy paste, then mix that in a small bowl with the olive oil. Finely chop the garlic and sunflower seeds, adjusting the size based on your preference. Mix in the grated or finely chopped cheese last. Note that the more cheese you add, the creamier your pesto will be. (A blender or food processor would work better than a chef's knife, but I don't have either of those so I had to chop everything.).
- By now, your dough should be risen. Flour your countertop and gently pull the dough out of the bowl onto the flour. If it's sticky, that's fine. Work flour into the sticky parts and kneed the dough until you're satisfied with the stickiness/feel of it..
- Roll your dough out into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Be careful not to rip it or stretch it too thin in places. (I used a soda can and my hands to roll mine out because I don't have a rolling pin, so it looks messy.).
- Move your dough to a baking sheet!.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F!.
- Start layering on your fillings and pesto! I'd recommend putting them in the center of your dough, not the edge like I did in the pictures. And try not to be over-ambitious by putting in more filling than you'll be able to successfully wrap your dough around..
- Fold your dough around your filling so you get a tube stuffed with goodness. Be careful not to rip your dough! If you do, try to seal it back or patch it with leftover dough or pieces from other parts of the tube. (Note: I don't have a baking sheet so I used an old pizza pan and ran out of room. As a result, I had to make my "tube" into a circle. I wouldn't recommend this!! It takes longer to bake all the way through.).
- Bake for ten minutes, sprinkle some cheese on top, and then bake for fifteen more minutes. (Note: I check my oven every five to make sure nothing is going wrong, but that's just me.).
- Voila! Pull it out and let it cool for a bit, and then you're ready to serve! It goes great with pizza sauce or extra pesto. Enjoy!.
A stromboli is somewhat similar to a calzone. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Stromboli (/ ˈ s t r ɒ m b ə l i / STROM-bə-lee, Italian: [ˈstromboli]; Sicilian: Struògnuli [ˈʂː(ɽ)wɔɲɲʊlɪ]; Ancient Greek: Στρογγύλη, romanized: Strongýlē) is a small island in the Tyrrhenian Sea, off the north coast of Sicily, containing Mount Stromboli, one of the three active volcanoes in Italy. It is one of the eight Aeolian Islands, a volcanic arc north of Sicily. Essentially, a Stromboli is a large piece of pizza dough that's covered in traditional pizza toppings, which is then rolled into a log shape.
If you find this Italian Stromboli recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.