Cooking Light's Chili Mac.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, cooking light's chili mac. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cooking Light's Chili Mac is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Cooking Light's Chili Mac is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have cooking light's chili mac using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- Get 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Make ready 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Take 1 lb of Trader Joe's Beefless Ground Beef.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 c of water.
- Take 1 (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce, no salt added.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- Take 1 (15 oz) of can of red beans, drained.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Get 1 c of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- Take 1 1/2 c of frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin.
- Take 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Take 1/2-1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Get of Trader Joe's corn chips.
Steps to make Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add green pepper and saute until soft. Add some water to saute and prevent scorching if needed. Also you may cover, stirring frequently to hasten cooking along..
- Add Beefless Ground Beef and garlic. Saute until heated through and slightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes covered to combine flavors..
- Heat 1-2 quarts of water in a small saucepan to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain when cooked..
- Add canned tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, red beans, and tomato paste to Beefless beef mixture and stir to combine..
- Add elbow macaroni and corn. Stir to combine. Add chili powder, cumin and salt. You may add pepper if you prefer. I use Chimayo chile powder and recommend it if you can obtain it..
- Cook for 30 minutes simmering on low medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent scorching. Add 1/4 c of water if needed. The final result should not be very saucy..
- Serve in shallow bowls, top with cheddar cheese. Corn chips on the side. Use to scoop up chili mac or crumbled on top. Both are preferred methods in our house..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cooking light's chili mac recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!