Foxtail Millet with Dal.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, foxtail millet with dal. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Foxtail Millet with Dal is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Foxtail Millet with Dal is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook foxtail millet with dal using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Foxtail Millet with Dal:
- Make ready 1 of . Foxtail millet – 1/2 cup.
- Take 2 of . Moong dal – 1/2 cup.
- Make ready 3 of . Water – 4 cups.
- Make ready 4 of . Salt – as needed.
- Prepare of To Temper:.
- Make ready 1 of . Ghee – 3 tbsp.
- Prepare 2 of . Cumin – 1 tsp.
- Take 3 of . Hing – 1/4 tsp.
- Take 4 of . Ginger – 1 tbsp grated.
- Make ready 5 of . Curry leaves – 10.
- Take 6 of . Green chilli – 1 chopped finely.
- Get 7 of . Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Make ready 8 of . Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped finely.
Steps to make Foxtail Millet with Dal:
- Dry roast the dal for a minute or until fragrant comes out..
- Add the millet in pressure cooker or rice cooker with dal and water. Before adding millet wash them 3 times nicely..
- Add salt and 1 tbsp of ghee. Let them cook until done in pressure cooker. You can cook upto 5 to 6 whistles like rice. Open the cooker after the pressure release. Mash this with masher.
- Heat small kadai add ghee. Once ghee melted add all the ingredients under the topic "To Temper" one by one..
- When cashews changes to golden colour add this to mashed millet and mix thoroughly. Serve hot with any chutney dip or any gravy as you wish..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food foxtail millet with dal recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!