Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, kumara puffs. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kumara Puffs is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Kumara Puffs is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have kumara puffs using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kumara Puffs:
- Make ready 3 of small kumara, peeled & sliced into 1cm thick rounds.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil (to coat the kumera).
- Make ready 375 grams of puff pastry rolled out to 24cm square and chilled.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sour cream or creme fraiche.
- Make ready 125 grams of marinated feta, drained.
- Make ready 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil (for the drizzle).
- Take 2 clove of garlic, finely diced.
- Take 1 of red chilli, deseeded, finely diced.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of coriander or parsley.
Steps to make Kumara Puffs:
- Preheat oven to 200°C..
- Lay kumara in a single layer on a baking tray. brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. bake for 15 mins until soft..
- Cut rolled pastry into four 12cm squares..
- Prick the pastry in a couple of places but not too close to the edge. leave a 2cm border unpricked..
- Spread pastry with sour cream still leaving the 2cm border bare. season with salt and pepper..
- Top with roasted kumara, slightly over lapping each other. Crumble the feta over top..
- Brush beaten egg around the clear border..
- Bake for 25 mins until pastry is golden and puffed around the border..
- While the puffs are cooking combine olive oil, chilli, garlic and coriander. season with salt and pepper..
- As soon a the pastries come out of the oven brush with the oil mix..
- Serve while still warm..
- This also works well with pumpkin or parsnip cooked in the same way as the kumara or just plain sliced tomatos.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food kumara puffs recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!