Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato pie recipe. You can have sweet potato pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Pie:
- Take 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Take 1 3/4 cups of butter favored shortening.
- You need 3 tbl of white sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Take 1/2 cup of ice water.
- Take 2 cups of sweet potatoes (2 medium potatoes).
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Provide 2 of eggs.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- Use 1 tbl of flour.
- Use 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. FIRST SIX INGREDIENTS BELONG TO THE CRUST !!!.
- In a large bowl add flour and shortening bring it together..
- Add sugar and salt. Mix the egg with the ice water..
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust and combine..
- Flour a surface and bring the crust into a ball, then decide into two balls. Roll out ball to about 1/4 inch thick and place into a deep dish pie pan, pressing it in with your hands. Refrigerate the other ball until needed..
- Place sweet potatoes in oven for about 45 minutes at 425 degrees after pricking them with a fork a few times..
- When done remove skin and place in a large bowl breaking it down with a fork then using a mixer until creamy and smooth..
- Add butter and seasonings and mix together again..
- Taste before adding eggs !!!!.
- Add eggs, mix again then pour into prepared pie pan. Bake for 55 minutes..
- Let cool for 30 minutes. ENJOY.
The classic sweet potato pie is a must-have on holiday sideboards throughout the South. There are several reasons this top-rated recipe for Brown Butter Sweet Potato Pie became a reader favorite. Using brown butter and a hint of citrus to kick it up a notch without losing that old school flavor! Watch me make this southern sweet potato pie from start to finish! Sweet Potato Pie is deliciously rich and perfect for your Thanksgiving table this year!
If you find this Sweet Potato Pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.