Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can get results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. In time, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai style red chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai style red chicken curry using 26 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- You need 500 gms of Chicken pieces (I use some boneless and some bone in).
- Prepare 1 of big Potato.
- Provide 1 of big Carrot.
- You need 2 of chopped Onion.
- Take 4-5 of chopped Garlic.
- Take 1 inch of chopped Galangal/Ginger.
- You need 1-2 of chopped fresh red Chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
- Get 400 ml of Coconut milk (I used can).
- Get 3 tablespoons of Cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of red Curry paste.
- Prepare As required of Spring onion, Mint leaves to garnish.
- Get for of Red curry paste–.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 sticks of Lemon grass(if not available add 1 lemon leave).
- Take 5-6 of dry red Chillies (soaked for an hour with hot water).
- Get 5-6 of stock of Coriander stem (optional, I didn't use).
- Provide 1 of Zest of Lemon.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
Instructions to make Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Soak 5-6 red chilli in hot water for an hour..
- Chop lemon grass in small pieces. If you don't get them use chopped fresh lemon leave..
- To make curry paste take a grinder jar and add in soaked red chillies, ginger-garlic paste, lemon grass,lemon zest, cumin powder, curry powder/coriander powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice..
- Grind to a smooth paste with little water. Keep aside. If you like you can also add some chopped coriander stem during grinding. I personally don't like it's taste and hence didn't add..
- Take 500 g chicken. I used both bone in and some boneless. You can use only boneless pieces if you like. Chicken with bone gives more flavour to the dish..
- I also used some veggies like potato and carrot. You can skip using them or you can use other veggies also you like. I used carrot as it's sweetness help to balance the pungency of the curry..
- Heat a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Saute chopped ginger-garlic and red chilli for 15-20 seconds..
- Add in chopped onion and cook until they become soft..
- Now add in prepared red curry paste and stir well to fry for 2 minutes. Your kitchen will fill with aroma of lemon grass..
- Add in 2 tablespoons of water to prevent the spices from burning..
- Add in chicken pieces, stir well to mix..
- Also add in the potato and carrot pieces, cumin powder, curry powder, turmeric powder and salt..
- Stir well so that everything incorporates nicely and then add in 2 cups of hot water..
- Cover and cook in medium heat for 30 minutes or until chicken and veggies cook completely..
- Open unshaken can of coconut milk. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of thick coconut cream from the top to garnish.Keep aside..
- When chicken and veggies cook completely, add in the coconut milk to the curry. Keep flame in low heat so that milk doesn't curdle in hot curry..
- Cook the curry in medium heat for further 5 minutes to come to a boil. Adjust seasoning. The taste should be pungent with slight sweetness. Remove from heat..
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with coconut cream, spring onion and mint leaves..
- Serve with some thai jesmine rice..
My love for Thai food knows absolutely no bounds. There are a few ingredients you'll need to ensure you get the most flavor out of this curry; coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass. I can find them all at my local grocery store, but I've provided you with links on the ingredients to get the products on amazon if you cannot. Chicken curry is one of the most delicious Asian recipes you can make at home and this Thai-style red chicken curry with coconut milk is insanely delicious and easy, making it a great dinner that you can make for the entire family. The taste is mildly spicy, authentic.
If you find this Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.