Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Treats.
We all know that having healthy foods can help us feel better within our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
Probably the most popular snacks is yogurt. In fact, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nevertheless. Along with calcium, it really is a good supplier of aminoacids and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work properly depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt mixes perfectly with nuts as well as seeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun-inspired shrimp & sausage recipe. You can have cajun-inspired shrimp & sausage using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage:
- Get 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, minced.
- Get 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of butter at first, plus 1 to 2 Tablespoons butter to thicken sauce later.
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get 3 of tomatoes, cut into a 1/4-inch dice.
- Get of the zest of a lemon.
- Prepare 6 oz. of Andouille or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/4" thick slices (They usually come in 12 to 13.5 ounce packages, so ~ half.).
- Provide 1-4 teaspoons of cayenne, depending on how hot you like things.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of kosher salt (depending on how salty the sausage you use and how salty you like your food).
- Prepare 2.5 pounds of shrimp (I recommend at least a 21/25 count).
- You need 1 of +1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock.
- Take 2 of green onions chopped for garnish.
- Take of lemon wedges.
Steps to make Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage:
- In a large pan or pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter with 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and lemon zest and saute until the onions are translucent..
- Turn the heat up to medium high, add sausage, cayenne, salt and pepper, and saute until the sausages are lightly browned on both sides..
- Add the shrimp, chicken stock, and 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir to scrape all the fond from the pan and distribute all the ingredients and seasonings evenly..
- Let the shrimp cook for 4 or 5 minutes before stirring again to redistribute them and cook another 5 to 7 minutes, or until all the shrimp just turn orange from cooking through, no longer..
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onion and some steamed rice or crusty bread on the side to enjoy all that delicious resulting sauce and soppage. Lemon wedges on the side if you like a little extra tang with your shrimp like we do..
- Enjoy! :).
Melt butter with olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Pour into a large, deep serving platter or individual bowls. If the shrimp are frozen, thaw them under cool running water. Peel them (leave tails on if you want). From quick and easy bowls and plates (like these Shrimp Fajita Bowls, Sheet Pan Shrimp and Vegetables with Rice, and Shortcut Shrimp Paella) to Cajun-inspired suppers (we love this Jambalaya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage and this Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo), you're going to want to bookmark this collection of shrimp recipes with rice.
If you find this Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.