Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One wholesome option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun red beans and rice recipe. You can have cajun red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Provide 400 g of red beans.
- Get 1/2 kg of Andouille or Kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds.
- You need 6 strips of bacon.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Use 1 tsp of ground sage.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of vinegar (apple cider or red wine).
Instructions to make Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Soak the beans overnight in water..
- With medium heat, heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bacon, fry for another minute..
- Add sausage, red beans, Cajun seasoning, thyme, sage, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Skim off the scum from the top. Let simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in vinegar and mash beans slightly with a spoon. Serve over hot steamed rice..
Red beans and rice starts, like countless other Cajun and Creole dishes, with the "Holy Trinity" of vegetables: onion, celery, and bell pepper. As with the mirepoix of France or the battuto of Italy , these vegetables are finely chopped and added to the pot right at the start of cooking, where they'll eventually break down and form the flavor. The beans could simmer unattended while the cook was busy with the laundry and other chores. It was a perfect fit, easily feeding a crowd and being versatile enough to tailor according to what was in the pantry. After spooning these tender, flavorful red beans over fluffy rice, pair it with some of our perfect skillet cornbread and collard.
If you find this Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.