Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect hummingbird cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best hummingbird cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to hummingbird cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to eat. A number of foods really do raise your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Cold water fish are excellent if you want to feel better. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight depression.
As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hummingbird cake recipe. You can have hummingbird cake using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook hummingbird cake:
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Provide 2 cup of sugar.
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 8 oz of can sliced pineapples, sliced thin.
- Provide 2 cup of chopped ripe bananas.
- Use 8 oz of can sliced pineapples, drain & slice very thin.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Provide 1 of cream cheese icing.
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 cup of veg oil.
- You need 3 large of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 cup of chopped ripe bananas.
- Get 8 oz of can sliced pineapples, drained & sliced very thin.
- Use 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Use 1 of cream cheese icing.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
Instructions to make hummingbird cake:
- preheat oven at 350°.
- in large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. mix together..
- after mixing your dry ingredients together add vanilla extract, veg oil, and beaten eggs. mix together until dry ingredients are moist..
- then, add your bananas, sliced pineapple, and chopped pecans. mix together thoroughly. do NOT use beaters..
- place mix in an 9 inch round cake pan. I end up using two, but you can use up to 3..
- place in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until top is golden brown and cake mix is cooked through. you can check by placing toothpick in the center of the cake, the toothpick will come out clean..
- once its done take it out of the oven and place somewhere for it to cool..
- after giving your cake time to cool. remove each cake from pan one by one placing cream cheese icing evenly on each layer. I make my own cream cheese icing by using 1-8oz box of cream cheese. 2-3 cups of powder sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. mix together with beaters on med speed..
- last, you use the 1/2 cup chopped pecans for topping the cake..
There are variations out there with some different add-ins, but I'll get to that in a minute. Butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar combine to make the most amazing frosting that pairs perfectly with the exotic flavours of the Hummingbird Cake. The final touch for my Hummingbird Cake is a sprinkling of pecan cookie crumbs. Top with third layer, and spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Arrange pecan halves on top of cake.
If you find this hummingbird cake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.