Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Jambalaya recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jambalaya recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jambalaya recipe. To cook jambalaya you only need 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Jambalaya:
- Get 2 of Bay leaves.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of crushed oregano.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of thyme.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 3 Tbsp of fat or oil.
- Use 3 oz of ham, chopped.
- Get 2 of andouille sausages, cubed.
- Get 2 of onions, diced.
- Use 4 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, diced.
- Get 1 of chicken boob, diced.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes, diced.
- Take 2 cups of seafood stock.
- Provide 2/3 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of converted rice (like uncle bens).
- Use 1/2 lb of raw shrimp, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 10 oz of oysters in their liquor, roughly chopped.
- Use 3 of green onions, sliced.
Instructions to make Jambalaya:
- Prepare all ingredients before hand. This dish comes together in parts, and having everything mise en place helps. Plus you can sit back and drink some wine while it cooks. Add the spices and garlic together. Add the ham and sausage together. Add onion, celery, and bell peppers together. Add the shrimp and oysters together..
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Melt the fat over high heat in a 6qt dutch oven. I like to use duck fat or bacon grease. But if you want to use oil you can..
- Add the ham and sausage and sauté until beginning to brown ~5 min.
- Add the onion, celery, and bell pepper. Cook until they begin to stick to the bottom of the pot. ~5 min.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 3 min..
- Add the spices and garlic and cook another 3 min..
- Add the tomatoes and cook another 8 min or until the tomatoes begin to give up their liquid..
- Add the tomatoes sauce and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the rice, shrimp, oysters, and green onions..
- Mix thoroughly and cover. Bake for 30 min..
- Turn oven off, take jambalaya out and stir it. Place cover back on and let sit in hot oven another 30 min. Serve..
Jambalaya Ingredients: Alright, let's talk ingredients. To make classic jambalaya, you will need: The Cajun/Creole "holy trinity": Celery, onion and green bell pepper (although for some extra color, I've also used red and yellow bell peppers). Feel free to add more or less of either, depending on your heat preferences. Jambalaya is a wildly popular dish that originated in New Orleans and was inspired by flavors around the world—Spanish, West African, and French to name a few. Stir in the celery, green peppers, onion, garlic, seasonings and pepper sauce.
If you find this Jambalaya recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.