Classic Victoria Sponge Cake. The classic Victoria sponge cake is always a winner. Follow this recipe to discover, it's not just Mary Berry who knows how to make this classic cake. This delicate sponge cake filled with jam and cream is the stuff of village fetes and the National Federation of Women's Institutes (WI), and fierce.
The perfect party cake, a Victoria sponge is a traditional bake everyone will love. (PP) Contains product placement. The warmer months are on the way so it's time to dust off all those sweet, summery recipes! My take on the classic Victoria.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, classic victoria sponge cake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Classic Victoria Sponge Cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Classic Victoria Sponge Cake is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
The classic Victoria sponge cake is always a winner. Follow this recipe to discover, it's not just Mary Berry who knows how to make this classic cake. This delicate sponge cake filled with jam and cream is the stuff of village fetes and the National Federation of Women's Institutes (WI), and fierce.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have classic victoria sponge cake using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Classic Victoria Sponge Cake:
- Make ready of For the Cake.
- Take 4 large of Eggs.
- Take 250 grams of Soft Butter (can be salted or unsalted).
- Get 250 grams of Self Raising Flour.
- Get 250 grams of Caster Sugar.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Milk.
- Take of For the filling.
- Take 100 grams of Soft Butter (can be salted or unsalted).
- Get 140 grams of Icing Sugar.
- Take 1 tsp of Vanilla Essense.
- Take of Strawberry/Raspberry Jam.
Bake James Martin's classic Victoria sponge cake, best served with a proper cup of tea. Cover with the raspberries and place the other cake on top. Probably the most iconic British cake, a good Victoria sponge should be well-risen, moist, and as light as air. Serve dusted with sifted confectioners' sugar.
Instructions to make Classic Victoria Sponge Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan) and line two 7 inch cake tins.
- Add the softened butter into a large mixing bowl and with a hand mixer or a spoon, cream until light. Then add the caster sugar and cream them both together until they are fluffy..
- In a separate jug or bowl beat the eggs until they are fully mixed. Then in small amounts slowly add them to the butter and sugar keeping the mixer or spoon moving..
- Once the ingredients have been mixed together, sift in the flour, and mix it well into the other ingredients..
- Next add the vanilla, baking powder and milk. Mixing them in as well..
- Once you are sure the mix has been fully blended together and no lumps are present you can start to spoon the batter evenly into the cake tins..
- Put the tins on the top shelf of your oven and cook for 25-35 minutes.
- While they are cooking prepare the butter icing.
- Add the soft butter and icing sugar into a mixing bowl and mix by hand or with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla extract to taste and mix again..
- Once the cake has been taken out of the oven and cooled on a wire rack, you can start to spread the icing and jam over the sponges and sandwich them together..
- Dust the cake with a sprinkle of icing sugar and enjoy!.
Before the Victoria sponge, British sponge cakes were leavened only by eggs hand-whisked with sugar until foamy and thick. From afternoon tea to an exuberant birthday cake to the classic Vicky sponge, baking cake is a national pastime. We teamed up with ex-pat Paola Thomas to bring you five. This Victoria sponge is a British classic and delicious afternoon teatime treat, combining strawberries and cream. Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and level with a knife.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food classic victoria sponge cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!