Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Strawberry and Thyme Jam recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Strawberry and Thyme Jam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Strawberry and Thyme Jam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to strawberry and thyme jam recipe. You can cook strawberry and thyme jam using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry and Thyme Jam:
- Prepare 660 g of fresh and ripe strawberries.
- Use 330 g of castor sugar.
- Use 20 ml of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pectin.
Instructions to make Strawberry and Thyme Jam:
- Remove the leaves of the strawberries and cut them in half. Toss the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a large heavy bottomed pot..
- Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Remove lid and boil for another 10~15 mins. Remove the scum rises to the surface of the boiling jam..
- Bring down to a simmer and blend the jam with a handheld blender or potato masher. Add in the thyme, leaves only..
- When the jam starts to reduce add in the pectin, stir well until it dissolve completely. Turn off the heat when the jam starts to thicken..
- Pour the jam into a clean and dry jar. Let cool at room temperature. Cover tightly and store in the fridge. Consume within 6 weeks..
Wash and dry your glass jam jars then draw around the bottom of each jar on baking parchment and cut out for when you seal the jars. To my palate, this particular combination of strawberries, honey, thyme and a small squirt of lemon juice was hugely successful. Stir one box fruit pectin to the strawberries and mix well. The butter, by the way, is simply to prevent the jam from foaming up so much. Stir in lemon zest and juice, thyme if using, and pectin to strawberries until pectin dissolves.
If you find this Strawberry and Thyme Jam recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.