Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup).
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- Make ready of Soup Broth.
- Make ready 1 large of sweet onion peeled and quartered.
- Get 1 small of piece ginger (about 2 inch) peeled and halved length wise.
- Take 1 head of full nutmeg (you can also use a small cinnamon stick).
- Make ready 2 clove of garlic.
- Make ready 1 pinch of coriander, cilantro, or basil.
- Take 4 medium of carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Make ready 4 cup of vegetable stock.
- Get 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Noodles.
- Get 1/2 lb of flat rice noodle (I used thicker noodles but use according to preference).
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare 2/3 packages of extra firm fried until crispy tofu (you can substitute any protein you desire here such as chicken, beef, beans, etc).
- Take 4 medium of mushrooms (by preference, I like shitake for asian dishes).
- Take 1 bunch of vegetables of your choice (I used bok choy and borccoli).
- Get of Garnishes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of bean sprouts.
- Get 1 bunch of cilantro (a handful is usually good).
- Get 1 of chile pepper, or any hot pepper, sliced.
- Take 1 of lime cut into slices.
- Make ready 2 of stock green onion, sliced into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of your favorite sauces such as Hoisin, Sriracha, etc.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- For the broth:.
- Char the onion and ginger under the broiler until slightly black (about 5 minutes per side).
- Dry roast star anise, nut meg and cilantro in a large pot over medium heat until you can smell the flavors. Stir to prevent burning..
- Once flavors are aromatic, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, charred onion and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot until ready to serve..
- For the noodles:.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiled, turn off heat, add noodles, cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes (or follow package directions). Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking..
- For Toppings:.
- Prepare however you desire. I fried the tofu in oil until crispy and cooked the veggies until slightly wilted and warmed throughout. Season as desired, but note the flavor of the broth is the main seasoning for the whole dish.
- For the garnishes:.
- Prepare garnishes and arrange on a plate. Add the desired amount of garnishes to your own dish once meal is prepared and served..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!