Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Tisryache Kaalvan (Clams Curry) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tisryache Kaalvan (Clams Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tisryache Kaalvan (Clams Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Green tea is really good for your mood. You were sure it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is found to be chock-full of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously making the rest of your body more relaxed. You already knew green tea could help you feel healthier. Now you are aware that green tea helps you to raise your moods as well!
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Test out these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tisryache kaalvan (clams curry) recipe. To make tisryache kaalvan (clams curry) you only need 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tisryache Kaalvan (Clams Curry):
- Get 25-30 of Tisrya (small or medium sized).
- Prepare 1 of Large Potato (cubed).
- Prepare of For masala to be roasted :.
- Get 1 cup of Fresh grated coconut.
- Get 1/2 of Medium Onion thinly sliced.
- Provide 2 of Bedgi dry red chillies.
- You need 1 inch of Cardamom.
- Use 2 of Cloves.
- Prepare 3-4 of Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of Small Bay leaf.
- Use 1 of Green Cardamom.
- You need 1 tbs of Coriander seeds.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Use as needed of Oil for roasting.
- Prepare of For the gravy :.
- Use 2 of Small onions finely chopped.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Red chilli powder (to be adjusted).
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Take 2 tsp of Garam Masala (if not using whole spices mentioned above).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of tamarind to be adjusted.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Oil for tempering.
Instructions to make Tisryache Kaalvan (Clams Curry):
- To begin making the Tisryache kaalvan, shell (keep one shell intact) and wash the tisrya..
- In a kadhai, heat oil and add red chillies and roast. Keep aside to cool. Similarly roast mentioned whole spices using little oil and keep aside to cool..
- Now again heat a tbsp of oil in the kadhai add the sliced onions to it. Add a quarter tsp of salt to it. Saute till transparent..
- Now add the grated coconut and saute till it turns little brown..
- Switch off the heat and let the mixture cool..
- In the meantime, heat oil for tempering in a saucepan and add the finely chopped onions and garlic to it. Saute till onions turn translucent. Add the turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Add the cubed potatoes and mix. Add little water so as to cover the potatoes. Cook for a while with the lid on..
- Now add the tisrya and mix well. Cook covered till both the potatoes and the tisrya are cooked..
- Grind together all the roasted ingredients into a fine paste using sufficient water. Add this paste, garam masala (if not using whole spices) and salt to taste to the cooked tisrya. Add sufficient water to get a gravy of medium thick consistency. Keep simmering on low flame for about five minutes..
- Garnish with Fresh coriander leaves and serve this curry with steamed rice or bhaakari!.
Want to try continental and tradtional Maharastrian dish then try our recipe Tisaryache Amti, which is easy and quick Maharastrian main course recipe. Clams Masala – A coastal Maharashtra specialty – clams cooked in spicy gravy. This is another coastal special called as Clams Curry Recipe. Tisrya translate to clams, and are cooked in a variety of ways in Konkan. This is a gravy dish which can be had with roti and rice.
If you find this Tisryache Kaalvan (Clams Curry) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.