Home-made Teri oggys – or Welsh pasties.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, home-made teri oggys – or welsh pasties. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Home-made Teri oggys – or Welsh pasties is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Home-made Teri oggys – or Welsh pasties is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have home-made teri oggys – or welsh pasties using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Home-made Teri oggys – or Welsh pasties:
- Prepare of pastry.
- Take 500 grams of plain flour.
- Get 250 grams of butter.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Get 3 tbsp of cold water.
- Get of filling.
- Prepare 200 grams of potato sliced thinly.
- Take 200 grams of Swede sliced.
- Make ready 100 grams of onions sliced.
- Make ready 150 grams of coarse minced beef ( you can add a bit more meat but traditionally there was little meat to go around so it was mainly a vegetable pasty).
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse ground black pepper.
- Get 1 of egg beaten with 2 tablespoon milk to glaze (optional).
Steps to make Home-made Teri oggys – or Welsh pasties:
- To make the pastry.
- Put flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub in to the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the paprika.
- Add water a tablespoon at a time and cut in until the dough starts holding together then use your hands to bring together into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and place into refrigerator for an hour.
- Make the filling by slicing all of the vegetables and mixing together with salt and pepper.
- Quarter the pastry and roll each piece til roughly round place a quarter filling onto one side and top with quarter meat.
- It's important to put the meat on top as the fat and juices run into the vegetables during cooking.
- Do same to all 4 pasties then transfer to prepared baking baking sheets.
- Brush with the egg wash.
- Bake at 190ºC, gas 5, in centre of oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Take out and let stand for 5 minutes.
- You can dice the veg instead but it should be small dice to ensure they cook through within the time, especially the Swede/Rutabaga.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food home-made teri oggys – or welsh pasties recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!