Chocolate Cream Pie. A magnificent Chocolate Cream Pie with a classic Oreo cookie base, a soft and creamy custard-like filling and Chocolate Cream Pie. I have serious self control issues around homemade baked goods. This chocolate cream pie comes together quickly.
It 's poured into a pre-baked pastry shell and chilled before serving. This amazing Chocolate Cream Pie has an easy homemade chocolate pudding layered inside an Oreo pie crust and topped with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls. Chocolate Cream Pie is on the menu in Chef Anna Olson's amazing kitchen, and she is going to teach you how to make this delicious recipe from scratch!
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chocolate cream pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chocolate Cream Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chocolate Cream Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
A magnificent Chocolate Cream Pie with a classic Oreo cookie base, a soft and creamy custard-like filling and Chocolate Cream Pie. I have serious self control issues around homemade baked goods. This chocolate cream pie comes together quickly.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chocolate cream pie using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Cream Pie:
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Get 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks, save whites.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of flour.
- Take 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder (more or less to your liking).
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1/2 stick of butter.
- Get 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- Prepare of Homemade or store bought pie crust.
A true diner classic, Chocolate Cream Pie is a head-turning treat, and just the thing for lovers of both chocolate and pie. The crust is blind-baked, then filled with a cooked, cooled chocolate filling. Chocolate Cream Pie made with decadent semi-sweet chocolate custard and topped with homemade whipped cream and shaved chocolate. A chocolate cream pie, however, is both quick and easy to make.
Instructions to make Chocolate Cream Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Brush pie shell lightly with reserved egg whites..
- Bake crust until light golden brown..
- Set aside to cool..
- In medium saucepan, stir cocoa powder, flour, sugar and salt..
- Add egg yolks and milk. Stir to combine..
- Over medium heat, cook filling until thickened..
- When thick, remove from heat and add butter and vanilla..
- Pour into cooled pie crust..
- With mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form..
- You can add couple of spoons of sugar if you like. And teaspoon cream of tartar..
- Pile meringue onto hot filling and cover edges to seal..
- Broil for a few minutes to brown meringue to your desired darkness..
- Let pie cool completely before slicing..
- Store covered in fridge..
- Enjoy :).
It's also very delicious and perfect for a hot, summer day. This classic (homemade!) chocolate cream pie recipe features an Oreo cookie crust, a rich chocolate pastry cream filling, and is topped with fresh whipped cream. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You are going to love me….this Chocolate Cream Pie is so good!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chocolate cream pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!