Croque Monsieur. And here is our croque monsieur. Croque Monsieur is a French recipe that is essentially a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. It's easy and delicious because, like many things, the French do it better!
A croque monsieur isn't just a ham and cheese sandwich. Crunchy" because it's made with toasted bread, ham. The "female counterpart" to the Croque Monsieur is the Croque Madame.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, croque monsieur. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Croque Monsieur is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Croque Monsieur is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
And here is our croque monsieur. Croque Monsieur is a French recipe that is essentially a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. It's easy and delicious because, like many things, the French do it better!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook croque monsieur using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Croque Monsieur:
- Prepare 8 slices of toast.
- Prepare 4 slices of smoked turkey.
- Make ready 40 g of butter, soft.
- Make ready 80 g of yellow cheese, (emmental or gruyere), grated.
Essentially, the same sandwich but with a fried egg, sunny side up, on top. I share my tips for how to get a great fried egg. Croque Monsieur. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The croque monsieur is a classic French sandwich made with ham and cheese.
Instructions to make Croque Monsieur:
- Butter lightly both sides of each toast..
- Cover one toast of bread with one slice of smoked turkey, sprinkle evenly 2 tablespoons of grated cheese on top of it. Then cover with another slice of toast. Repeat with the remaining toast, turkey slices and grated cheese..
- There are three different ways for cooking the Croque Monsieur: i-you can place the sandwich in a sandwich grill and toast it for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. ii-you can place the sandwiches on a warm pan and fry each side for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted. iii-or you can bake. But in this case you should soak an extra 40g of grated cheese in 4 tablespoons of milk and sprinkle them on top of each sandwich before baking..
Master the croque monsieur with soft sourdough, gruyère, smoked ham and creamy mustard mayo. You'll relish every mouthful of this brunch classic. If you could only make one dish, it arguably should be this amazingly gooey croque monsieur (that's a toasted ham and cheese sandwich). The croque monsieur is a dish so iconically, ridiculously French that it's one of the first items of vocabulary that many aspiring linguists learn (trust the French to give the cheese and ham toastie a. Croque Monsieur is arguably one of the most popular sandwiches and can even be found in most McDonald's in France on the menu as Le Croque McDo.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food croque monsieur recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!